WARNING! PC's & Laptops manufactured before 2012
Video cards & BIOS' in some very old machines may not be supported in the Robolinux series 11 & 12 Operating Systems.
1. Your PC or laptop needs to be in working condition and have at least 2GB RAM in it to run Robolinux on its own or to set up a dual boot Robolinux + Windows system.
2. If you plan to install Windows XP or Windows 7 or 10 into the Robolinux virtual machine or "VM", a minimum of 4GB of RAM is required.
For a PC or laptop with Windows XP, 7 or 10:
Use 2GB of RAM for Robolinux and 2GB of RAM for the Windows virtual machine called a "VM".
BIOS & CPU Requirements: Your PC or laptop BIOS must provide support for virtualization and must have at least a dual core CPU if you want to run standard resolution Windows games smoothly. All other regular programs like Microsoft Office run perfectly on a single core processor running Robolinux and a Windows VM, but If you run Windows games inside a Robolinux virtual machine that only has one processor it will be slow and you will not be satisfied. This is because games require more processing power than regular software programs do.
3. You cannot run high end 3D graphics Windows games or Movie Studio quality HD Editing software inside ANY virtual machine, including the Robolinux VM. These graphics hungry programs require full access to your large and expensive graphics card. Instead you must set up a dual boot system. ie. Windows runs standalone in its own partition and Robolinux runs standalone in its own partition as well. Then you choose which one you want to boot up: Windows or Robolinux.
4. Your PC or laptop must have been manufactured within the last 10 years.
Please note: Some older PC's & laptops have a BIOS that do not support virtual machines or need to be updated or flashed. Please contact your Hardware Manufacturer if you need help because your PC or laptop's BIOS is not working with Virtualization.
5. If you have purchased an old salvaged PC or laptop, please make sure that it is in 100% working condition before you install Robolinux.
For example: A broken wifi card cannot work with a wifi driver unless it is replaced.
6. If you own a brand new high end expensive dual slot gaming graphics card try out our OS live first to see if our Additional Drivers have a video driver for your video card.
7. Please note that Robolinux provides paid for Expert Technical Support via eMail & Phone for its FREE operating systems and software. We do not provide any support for Microsoft or any 3rd party Windows software programs.